Monday, March 3, 2008

Weekday matchups of any interest

Tuesday
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

AC Milan vs. Arsenal
First leg was 0-0 so a 1-1 tie would be enough for Milan. Gunners should win though.

Barcelona vs. Celtic
Barce won the first leg 3-2 in Scotland. They will maul Celtic at Camp Nou.

Sevilla vs. Fenerbahce
Fenerbahce won the first leg 3-2, Sevilla will probably be able to overcome the first leg but I hope to see an upset. The Turkish champs have great fans, hope they win.

Manchester United vs. Lyon
What do I think of Manchester United? Ehhhhhhhhhh. First leg was 1 to 1. I doubt Lyon can win in Old Trafford. I hate Man U so hopefully Ronaldo will be red carded for a dive in the first minute and they will lose.

Wednesday
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

Porto vs. Schalke 04

Schalke won the first leg 1-0. I hope to see the German club advance. The honest reason is because I like to use them in FIFA.

Real Madrid vs. Roma
Roma won the first leg 2-1. As much as I want to see Madrid lose, I don't think it will happen.

Chelsea vs. Olympiacos
First leg was 0-0. This time at the Bridge though? Close in the 1st half. Chelsea by 2.

Liverpool vs. West Ham (English Premier League)
I am hoping this is on FSC. I am too lazy to check though. I assume FSC will show a match from Saturday instead of showing a live game because FSC likes balls in its face. I hope West Ham wins since Liverpool is fighting for a place in European competition.

Thursday
UEFA CUP

Fiorentina vs. Everton

Tim Howard won't let anything past him, probably because he is incredible. Go Toffees.

Tottenham vs. PSV
I would like to see a Dutch team advance instead of another damn English team.

Bolton vs. Sporting Lisbon
How the hell is Bolton this far in UEFA? Due to a friend being a Lisbon fan I hope to see them advance.

Marseille vs. Russian team with a name too hard to spell
I hope that Russian team advances, just for kicks.

Benfica vs. Getafe
START FREDDY DAMN IT. Freddy Adu will rip Getafe a new asshole.

The other UEFA match ups are semi-interesting to me so I don't feel like taking 45 seconds to write them down.

COPA LIBERTADORES

Boca Juniors vs. Atlas
Watching Boca play is fun. I hope I get to watch it on a Spanish channel.

Nacional de Montevideo vs. Flamengo
Some ESC members support Nacional, if it is on I will watch it.

FRIDAY

Swansea vs. Millwall (English League One)
League leaders Swansea play American Zak Whitbread and Millwall. Go Millwall!

Grimsby vs. MK Dons (English League Two)
Jemal Johnson and League Two leaders Dons....'nuff said.

Borussia Dortmund vs. Hertha Berlin (German Bundesliga)
Hopefully this is on Gol TV? Don't think I will get home in time anyway eh.

RKC Waalwijk vs. TOP Oss (Dutch Eerste Divisie)
American Charles Kazlauskas is on Top Oss. He is a cool guy.

Standard Liege vs. unimportant Belgian team (Belgian Jupiler League)
All your base belong to Onyewu

There it is! Hopefully I can watch some of these games.

No comments: