Thursday, March 6, 2008

Upcoming MLS Season

Ok it is crazy that I have not spoken about MLS yet in this blog. I love Red Bull New York (Metro) and recently joined the Empire Supporters Club. The season starts on April 5th and this has been an eventful off-season.

My first ESC event was when I went on the bus trip to New England for the playoff game against the Revs. Despite losing 1-0 it was fun and I met a bunch of people. I also got to know people through MetroFanatic.

About 15-20 of us also went the MLS Draft which was great. We were the best supporters there and out sang Sons of Ben (Daughters of Betsy) and D.C. Scum. We also got to meet new Red Bull Eric Brunner.

A match viewing party was held at Stout for the USA - Sweden and USA - Mexico matches. I became an official ESC member at the USA - Sweden viewing party. USA beat Sweden 3-0 and tied Mexico 2-2. Jozy Altidore scored his first international goal against Mexico and I went so crazy I thought I was going to pass out.

Off-season events have been fun. We also go to Ironmen games sometimes (indoor soccer). The off-season is not over yet though.

USA U-23 Olympic Qualifiers start soon and some of the ESC is going. Sadly, I can not go but hopefully we will have some watch parties. Also, March 29 is the day that most of the MLS teams start their season. We are going to watch the games together in Kearny and rip on teams all day. Then the next day some Red Bull players will be at Nevada Smiths to watch EPL action with us. I look forward to meeting them.

Metro opens the season against the Crew on April 5. The tailgate's theme is pulled pork and it will be great. I can't wait to chant and go crazy for our guys on the 5th.

GO METRO!

No comments: